Our Ankleshwar, Halol, Jhagadia and Vapi sites were certified with ‘Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001)’ certification in October 2003. We are presently engaged in adopting the Integrated Management System encompassing the requirements of ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 across all our manufacturing facilities.
Responsible Care Committed Company
Responsible Care is a global, voluntary initiative developed autonomously by the chemical industry for the benefit of the chemical industry. This initiative runs across 52 countries accounting for nearly 90% of the global chemical production. UPL is a recognized Responsible Care ompany, awarded the use of its logo. We voluntarily adopted the practice codes of the Responsible Care (RC) initiative accepted by Indian Chemical Manufacturers’ Association and implemented the ISO - 14000 (Environmental Management System), demonstrating our commitment towards continuous HSE performance improvement.
Safety Management & Practices at Manufacturing Sites
- HSE Issues are always given high priority at UPL.
- A committee of HSE Officers has to monitor Health, Safety and Emergency Preparedness standards and practices.
- This is to ensure that our HSE management systems are world class and we achieve zero incidences at the work place. We realise that as a world leader in manufacturing, we need to put safety & health systems in place.
- We partnered with Dupont, Syngenta to evaluate HSE management systems across all manufacturing sites. This exercise was spread over three months and the evaluation study has opened up new avenues for improvement.
- Our aim is to graduate from the present dependent HSE culture to an interdependent culture.
- An inter-site benchmarking is done regularly to encourage healthy competition between sites.